Thursday, August 10, 2006

Desert Island Discs

Ok, so what would you have on your Desert Island Discs? Don't tell me you've never thought about it. Here are mine:

1. Ralph Vaugh Williams - The Wasps, Aristophanic Suite: March of the Kithcen Utensils
2. Beach Boys - I Get Around
3. Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
4. Sir Edward Elgar - Cello Concerto, Adagio - Moderato
5. David Bowie - Young Americans
6. George Frederic Handel - Zadok the Priest
7. Nina Simone - Sinner Man
8. I'll leave number eight open to suggestions. Please, not 'slap my bitch up'

As for the book: Everybody's given copies of The Complete Works of Shakespeare and the Bible (of which, like everybody, the only parts I've ever really read are those I was forced to read at school), I suppose I'll go with either the Complete Works of Aldous Huxley or as this isn't actually available (yet) the Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat to remind me to stay on the island.

And my luxury: I'm tempted to ask for a lifetime supply of chocolate (Cadbury's Caramel Bars would do nicely) and a fridge to keep it all in, but I might also like some gardening tools...